is a disorder that involves the way a child develops. Parents may notice that an infant or child is not behaving, lacking, playing, or learning new skills as expected for their age group. Asperger’s syndrome is like autism, but without the disabilities, it can range from mild to severe.
Signs of unusual development from birth to 6 months in children later diagnosed as autistic
- Flaccid body tone
- Lack of responsiveness or attentiveness to people or things
- Lack of excitement in presence of parents
- Lack of anticipatory posturing on being picked up
- Vacant, unfocused gaze
- Less than normal activity
- Specific motor deviations
- Eye squint mannerism
- Predominantly irritable mood, little smiling
- More somnolent than typical child
First symptoms of autism, typically 6-12 months
- Seeming hallucinatory excitement
- Appearance of self absorption
- No visual pureuit of people
- Avoiding mother’s gaze
- Resisting being held, arching torso away from parents
- Autism/stereotypes/motor mannerisms; hand-flapping, finger-dancing movements, rocking, spinning.
- Plastic expressions that do not communicate affect or intention
- Labile facial expressions that shift from grimaces to squints
- Fragmented, uncoordinated body movements
- Episodes of flailing, aimless, unmodulated hyperactivity
Symptoms of established autism, typically 12-24 months
- Child doesn’t approach parents
- Child keeps distance from parents
- Constricted, flattened affect
- Little or no purposeful activity
- Facial expression that doesn’t convey or meaning
- Failure or normal language development
Autism in older children
There are many sign and symptoms including impaired social skills, language difficulties, speech, and inflexible behavior.
- Repeats the same words or phrases over and over.
- Does not know how to make friends, play and connect with people.
- Uses language incorrectly
- Does not pick up on other people’s expressions, tone, and gestures.
- Show no interest in what is going around them.
- Follows rigid routine
- Cannot tolerate to be touched, carried, or to be held.
- Cannot understand feelings, has trouble in talking about feelings
- Does not share interests or achievements with others
- Repeat the same action or movement again and again.
- Does not understand simple directions, questions, or statements
- Does not make eye .
- Unusual attachments to toys or strange objects such as keys, light switches, or rubber bands.
- Give unusual reactions to sounds, smells, sights, textures, may show sensitiveness to loud noises.
Homeopathic treatment for autism
Homeopathy is one of the most popular holistic systems of medicine. The selection of remedy is based upon the theory of individualization and symptoms similarity by using holistic approach. This is the only way through which a state of complete health can be regained by removing all the sign and symptoms from which the patient is suffering. The aim of homeopathy is not only to treat autism but to address its underlying cause and individual susceptibility. As far as therapeutic medication is concerned, several remedies are available to treat autism that can be selected on the basis of cause, sensations and modalities of the complaints. For individualized remedy selection and treatment, the patient should consult a qualified homeopathic doctor in person. There are following remedies which are helpful in the treatment of autism:
Cannabis Indica, Carcinosin, Natrum Mur, Opium, Thuja, Baryta Carb, Cuprum Met, Pulsatilla, Sulphur, Kali Phos, and many other medicines.