“If I’d only known about homeopathy back then.” How many times have I thought that and heard it from others. There are critical moments in people’s lives when the correct health intervention can move their lives forward and save years of struggle. This brought to mind the following case.
The young man sitting across from me was 26, tall, lean and seemed quite reserved. All his life he wanted to work as a pilot and had spent years preparing, studying and training for it. He was in perfect health, had his aviation medical certificate and had logged the necessary hours of flight time. He recently interviewed for a job that would have been the culmination of all his childhood dreams. After several more interviews and tests, he was accepted and only needed one last routine physical exam. Now he was sitting in front of me looking depressed and worried. One month ago, he developed an odd sensation in his heart which he best described as “purring”. It was obvious how much this job meant to him. If the company doctor had heard this, he wouldn’t get the job and would end up in the hands of allopaths. The case and his career could be spoiled forever.
It was late in the afternoon as we sat across from each other and I took a full history, gathering whatever information I could. I opened the repertory and found: Purring noise, heart region, Caust, Glon, Iod Plb, Psor, Pyrog, Spig, Sulph, Tab. With such a small list it should have been easy but none of those remedies fit.
In spite of his reticent nature, he had shared quite a bit up to this point and we’d formed a bond of trust. I asked once again what was happening in his life when he first became aware of the symptom. Little by little the story emerged. The supervisor where he had been working liked to belittle people and was constantly harassing him. This young man was afraid that if he pushed back he might be given a bad work report which could affect his getting the new job. He just took it, day after day. As he spoke, everything pointed toward Staphisagria and I gave him one dose of 200c.
About two weeks later I ran into him at the supermarket. He started chatting about the weather, sports and other mundane topics. When I couldn’t bear it any more, I said “How’s the problem?” “Oh, that disappeared four days after the remedy. All gone. I passed the exam. I got the job.
In this Issue:
Editorial: Critical Moments – Alan V. Schmukler
Interview – Homeopath Rowena Ronson Is Interviewed By Nigel Summerley.
Rowena Ronson trained at the London College of Classical Homeopathy and Jeremy Sherr’s Dynamis School, and has been practicing for 30 years in the UK. She is the author of ‘Looking Back Moving Forward’ (2007), a compilation of conversations with 34 renowned teachers and practitioners of homeopathy.
-FDA Bureaucrats Seek to Restrict Access to Homeopathic Medicines … And what we can do to STOP THEM-Patricia Feijo
– New Insights into the Stramonium Personality – Maja Letić
– Soul of Remedies – Antimonium Crudum – Dr. Rajan Sankaran
– A Family Discovers Homeopathy – Diderik Finne
– Otitis Media & Keynote Remedies – Robert Medhurst
– Moma Bear and the FDA – Paola Brown
– My Journey to Homeopathy – Dr. Beatrice Andreoli
– Infantile Colic – Dr. Bhanu Sharma
– The Era of Homeopath as Principal Physician – Daniela Karsten
– Astrosurfing and Homeopathy – Gill Graham
– Homeopathy & Our Psyche: Clues from Psychology – Sue Smith
– Tips & Secrets – Alan V. Schmukler
(Tidbits by Elaine Lewis will appear again next month)
– Dengue – An Alarming Epidemic– Velmurugan Vasanth
-Thrombocythemia and Tubercular Miasm – Molly Caliger
– Allergic Rhinitis in a woman of 25 – Dr. Sayada Rukia Begum
– PCOD – Stein-Levanthal Syndrome – Dr. Jayakumar Pannakkal
– Severe Depression in a Man of 44 – Dr. Anaswaradev Atmadev
– Recurrent Tonsillitis in a Girl of 9 – Dr. Apoorva Deshpande
– Depression in a Woman of 50 – Dr. Atul Patwardhan
– Drug Withdrawl in a Man of 60 – Dr. Sowmya Sridharan
– Right Sided Ovarian Torsion – Dr. Vitan Gosain
– Trigeminal Nerualgia – 2 Cases – Kathrine Dehn
– Hip Joint Disease in a Man of 27 – Dr. Pratik Desai
– Severe Migraine in a Young Woman – Doug Brown
– Anal Fissure in a Man of 30 – Drs. Prajakta Vaidya & Preety Shah Chauhan
-Studying the Papavaraceae Family: A Case of ‘Allergic Rhinitis’-Dr. Devang Shah
In vitro – Inhibitory Effect of Crotalus H. on Pseudomonas a. – Dr. Rupali Mali
Importance of Characteristic Symptoms in Prescribing the Simillimum – Dr. Sofiya Layakali Pathan
Efficacy of Homeopathy in Allergic Rhinitis – Dr. sayada Begum
Efficacy of Homeopathic Medicine in Acne Vulgaris – Dr. Pranali Rajesh Sawant
Homoeopathic Approach in the Treatment of Tension Type Headache in Females – Dr. Vandana Gangwar
Homeopathy & Psychiatry by Dr. Mahesh Ghandi is reviewed by Vatsala Sperling
– Ask the Holistic Vet – Dr. Deva Khalsa – (Send your questions to)
– Crossword Feb 2018 – Alan V. Schmukler
– CARTOONS – Alan V. Schmukler
SOLVE THE CASE QUIZ
Elaine & Shana Lewis –Solve the monthly quiz!
– Revisiting: Answers to last month’s quiz – Elaine & Shana Lewis
Ask the Plant Doctor – Agrohomeopath Radko Tichavsky answers readers’ questions about gardens and crops. (Send your questions to:)