A case of idiopathic thrombocytopenic purpura in a female of 69 years. Patient came to me on 20th July, 2018 with a remission of ITP. She had been diagnosed with ITP in May 2009.
- Her platelet count had come down to 8000/micro litre.
- She had a petechial haemorrhage at the edge of her tongue that was bleeding and the bleeding time was prolonged.
- Aphthae, white coloured.
- Generalised petechial haemorrhages.
- Thermal – Hot(3+); palms also warm to touch.
- Thirst – Thirstless
- Desires – sour and salty
- Aversion – sweets
- Sweat – face, axillae
- Stool – 2 times a day ,nad
- Urine – nad
- Sleep – sound
- Chicken pox
- KCO rheumatoid arthritis since 1987. Has been on steroids for years.
- Prolapse after first delivery.
PATIENT AS A PERSON
- Strong willed
- Compulsive desire to be occupied. Always wants to be busy.
- Sensitive, but suppresses her tears.
- On being asked about her symptoms she said she had no discomfort.
- Smiling more than usual while answering.
- Obstinate and headstrong lady.
- Numerous moles on the face.
- Bag like swelling beneath the eyes.
Prescription Apis Mellifica in ascending LM potencies.
Basis of Prescription:
*A Synoptic Key to The Materia Medica- C.M. Boger
Region – blood
Oedema : of eyelids …
Eyes puffy ; conjunctiva or lids like water bags.
Tongue : vesicles on edge
Thirstless and dropsical
Very busy, restless, changing the kind of work, awkwardness, breaking things
Acts foolishly or with a good deal of frivolous levity.
Busy, frivolous, disposed to laugh, excessively cheerful.
Constantly busily engaged doing this or that, but do nothing right, ……
Eccentric cheerfulness, despondency, or hopelessness.
Sensitiveness of disposition.
When asked if sick, he says: “Nothing is the matter.”
Fickle and inconstant behaviour.
Appetite for sour things.
Pure water does not taste good, wants vinegar mixed with it. (TYPHUS)
Affections of circulatory apparatus and fluid, dropsies , phlebitis, varicose veins, ecchymosed spots, gangrene, unhealthy suppuration.
Haemorrhages dark; blood incoagulable or coagulates slowly.
After I treated this acute phase, her platelets within six days rose from 8k to 1.28 lacs. At present it is 1.60 lac