Mercurius is a modern repertorization, materia medica and patient management software for homeopathic practitioners, providing you the highest quality information on which you can base your prescriptions. Mercurius is priced very favorably and we even offer a free basic version
In repertory work, the program offers quick and precise searching and evaluation of symptoms, also without the knowledge of any particular repertory structure. The main repertory is always the latest Complete Repertory version (Complete Repertory 2013 at the time of writing).
In the materia medica area, beside including about 100 000 pages of content, Mercurius boasts massive search capabilities with the best synonyms support in the industry. Materia medica is where all the homeopathic treasures are hidden and Mercurius, with its Materia Medica Explorer, provides you the means to find them quickly and easily.
Developed and improved since 2003, Mercurius has users in 70 countries and is currently available in English, German, Slovak and Czech language.
In order to quickly learn how to work with Mercurius, we recommend watching our tutorial videos included in the Help section of the software or online on our website.
Most important features:
– combines repertory, materia medica and patient management system in a single piece of software
– features outstanding searching capabilities for both repertory and materia medica
– provides unique compensated repertory model for all supported repertories
– explanation notes to symptoms or parts of the symptoms
– simple and quick searching of the symptoms with synonyms support
– book-style tree-structured repertory
– unlimited number of desktops offers the possibility to evaluate a case from different points of view
– unlimited number of symptoms for analysis
– grouping symptoms (creation of superrubrics)
– user-defined symptoms support
– positive and negative filtering of the remedies
– families of remedies support
– various strategies for the evaluation of the symptoms
– detailed analysis of symptoms and remedies
– synthetic materia medica with the support of comparison of the remedies
– all repertories and materia medica are linked to a single remedy database
– support for custom repertories
– easy to use
Minimum system requirements
– Microsoft Windows 7, Vista, Windows XP, Windows 2000, Windows 98, Windows ME, Windows NT; with Windows emulation also tested to run on Mac and Linux
Repertorization is one of the major modules of Mercurius homeopathic software. This process is the one you will probably use the most.
The basic process of repertorization is shown in the image below. This is the main window of Mercurius.
- Using the powerful search options, you are trying to find the rubrics matching the patient’s symptoms
- Once you locate the corresponding rubrics, you add them to the desktop area for further use.
- When all the desired rubrics are in the desktop area, you can modify their weights (thus modifying their influence in the final evaluation). You can also group rubrics into superrubrics, apply filters etc.
- Then you can evaluate the desktop’s rubrics and analyze the results.
You can revisit the process many times, until you feel satisfied with the outcome.
The Materia Medica is one of the most important tools of the homeopath, hence it is so important to have the best tools to handle this vast amount of information. In Materia Medica Explorer you will find very powerful tools for searching and utilizing this information in the simplest ways possible.
For a quick introduction to Materia Medica Explorer, please watch this short video –
Searching throughout tens of thousands of pages of Materia Medica becomes simple and quick with the smart search engine of Materia Medica Explorer. It’s as simple as entering a few keywords and hitting Enter. You can use the different options of uppercase letters (TT or Tt buttons) in order to find your exact word or to find just words that begin with your searched word, just like searching the repertory (i.e. the searching for “ear” will also find the word tearing, while searching for Ear will find only words begining with this sequence, like ears or early while searching for eaR will find fear and near, etc.
Materia Medica Explorer features an extremely advanced search engine developed specially for working with materia medica texts, which supports six levels of synonyms, which are completely user-defined and editable via one simple text file.
Six levels of synonyms are defined like this:
- Level 1 – “true” synonyms, also involving different forms of the same word, also singular/plural form (example: WINDPIPE triggers TRACHEA; AURICLE triggers AURICULA, PINNA, CONCHA, OUTER EAR, EXTERNAL EAR)
- Level 2 – part of/kind of top-down relationship (example: EAR triggers OUTER EAR and MIDDLE EAR and INNER EAR, which in turn trigger MEATUS, LOBULE, AURICLE, COCHLEA, EUSTACHIAN etc. which then trigger other parts and subparts of ear)
- Level 3 – pathological states (these are reserved for pathological states related to the trigger keyword, for example EAR triggers things like OTITIS, OTALGIA, TINNITUS, TYMPANITIS etc.)
- Level 4 – broader synonym matches (example: EYE triggers EYEBROW or EYELASH; SINUS triggers UPPER JAW or CHEEK; NOSE ITCHING triggers HAY FEVER or RHINITIS; ALCOHOL triggers DRUNK)
- Level 5 – even broader synonym matches (example: EYE triggers VISION; BREATHING triggers RALES; ASHAMED triggers DISCOURAGED or DISHEARTENED)
- Level 6 – bottom-top follow link – it will only be followed ONE level up, not more (example: CAT triggers ANIMAL; OROPHARYNX triggers THROAT)
Every search appears as a separate tab, so you can easily compare the results of previous searches. The search results can be sorted by remedies or titles and alphabetically or by number of hits produced. You can quickly view relevant parts of the matching MM texts and also search any of those separated texts by clicking the “Find” button on the toolbar or by pressing Ctrl+F.
By clicking the Export button, you can easily create a custom rubric and send it to Mercurius for repertorization. It can even emulate repertory grades based on the number of matches per remedy.
THE PATIENT MANAGEMENT SYSTEM
The Patient Management System is a smart and easy way to organize information about the patients. This module of Mercurius, fully integrated with the other sections of the software, allows you the maximum ease of use and efficiency in managing all your cases, keeping together all the information of the diagnosis and treatment, including audio, video, photos, texts and the relevant repertorization, analyzed, organized and confidential.
Beside your main patients database, you can keep separate databases for other purposes, such as conducting provings.
For detailed information about our software, please visit us at